Lefse is a flatbread from Norway. Lefse belongs to the Norwegian Cuisine and is a kind of flatbread made with boiled potatoes, cream, milk and flour. Its a soft and melt in mouth flat bread. Here I have used flour, potatoes, milk and fresh coriander to make Lefse. Just like Roti, Lefse is also rolled out with a rolling pin and cooked on large tawas.
- 2 Cup Flour
- 2 Potatoes Boiled
- 2 Onions
- 250 gm Paneer
- Few Olives
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Coriander
- 1/2 Cup Mint
- 8-9 Roasted Almonds
- 2 Tablespoon Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoon Oil
- Milk as required
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
PREPARATION TIME: 1 Hour
HOW TO PREPARE:
- Wash peel and boil the potatoes and mash it
- Add Flour, oil, Coriander to mashed Potatoes and mix well
- Keep Kneading with milk till dough is soft, apply little oil on the surface.
- Keep the dough in refrigerator for half an hour for rest
- Cut paneer in thick slices, sprinkle salt and pepper, Mix well.
- With little oil on the grill, Grill the paneer slices and keep aside.
- Chop roasted almonds and keep aside
- Slice Onions and cook in little oil, salt and pepper till the Onions get a nice caramelized look. Keep aside.
- Make Mint paste and add it to the mayonnaise, mix well
- Add Salt, pepper and Chopped roasted Almonds to Mint mayonnaise, Mix well
- Take the dough and divide it into smaller equal parts and roll them
- Each roll is rolled flat and round with a rolling pin
- Cook each flatbread both the sides on the tawa or a flat pan with little oil or butter. Make all the flatbreads and keep aside.
- Now lets assemble the Lefse Wraps.
- Lets take one Lefse Roti, spread Mint mayonnaise on it, Spread the caramelized Onions , Keep few pieces of grilled paneer and olives in the wrap.
- Wrap and Roll it in foil or Napkin and serve hot!
- Its such a soft, tasty and healthy Norwegian recipe.